Saturday, April 21, 2012

Exercised Today

I walked briskly for seventeen minutes this morning.  I wore my brown tennis shoes.  Perhaps later today I will walk again wearing my white tennis shoes.  I didn't find it as boring walking briskly as walking determinedly. I don't know why that would be.  Exercise where nothing is accomplished is difficult for me.  Yeah, I know I've whined about it before.  But I am signed up for excursions to really interesting places and I started wondering if I would miss the interesting places and just rejoin the group on their way back.
I also don't know which of my walking shoes are the best for my reluctant feet.  I also have a really nice pair of golf shoes, but they are heavy and I don't want to haul them around in my suitcase if I can wear something lighter.  Yes, I know barefoot would be lighter, but ragged, bloody feet aren't on my list of decorative wear.  I've tried it already and didn't like it.  In fact, it took a long time to get my feet back to looking human and it wasn't from walking over old lava flows.
Also, I went to bed at 11 p.m. and got back up at 12:30.  My husband said I still wasn't in bed at 2:30.  He woke me up at 6:30 a.m. because I call Mama at 7:00 A.M. so I didn't get much sleep.  I'm not convinced exercise helps me sleep because sometimes when I've exercised my legs want to twitch, jerk, or cramp.  I think I might sleep tonight just because I didn't sleep much last night.
My husband said, "Old people don't need much sleep."  What a charmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment