Saturday, April 14, 2012

Phaque Crepe

My view of this low carb, high-fiber diet is that when I can, I substitute something with less carbs in a recipe that I like.  Sometimes it isn't even a recipe, it's just an off-the-wall idea.
Today I shopped with a friend.  This gave me unexpected time to look at stuff in places I usually zoom on by.
I found Buena Vida whole wheat tortillas for low carb diets.
I am not a real fan of tortillas out of a package, but I looked at the nutrition facts and saw that one tortilla has 9 g of carbs with 5 grams of dietary fiber.  So I decided to try it. This put it on my diet.
I decided to make a dessert crepe with my low-carb tortilla.  When I got home, I put a tortilla on my cast iron griddle to warm it up.
Then I buttered one side and sprinkled Splenda and cinnamon liberally.
Next I put cut up strawberries down the center and topped the strawberries with little dollops of sour cream and rolled it up.
It was quite tasty.  I think it would be good also with cream cheese:)
I think it might make a good base for an individual pizza, too. Now I need to go back to the store to get mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. 

No comments:

Post a Comment