Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Kindle Fire

I've been using my Kindle Fire for several days now.  I have managed to connect to wifi at home and at the hospital.  I've transferred pictures and books onto it.  I've viewed my blog but haven't managed to post from it.  I can put the title in, but can't put anything into the body.
I'm very pleased with what I've been able to do on it.
I like how it fits in my purse.  It isn't as light as my husband's kindle, but it isn't as bad as trying to lug a laptop around.  It holds a charge pretty well, too.
I like being able to check email on it or check something on the web.
I like being able to enlarge the size of something from the screen.  I finally realized I can find books using the search function rather than cruising through the pictures of the front covers.
I've been reading on my DX Kindle at home, but I like it that I can take it around and have all of that.  I am aware that it is possible to read, surf the net, check email on smart phones, but I like the size of this as opposed to a phone's display...and there isn't a monthly bill for it.  Well, I can't use it like a phone, but I have a phone.  The fancy one has a pretty fancy monthly bill that goes with it.
I like that this had an initial cost, but not a monthly payment.
No, it isn't an iPad.  My connectivity issues due to my location precludes buying an iPad, even though they look absolutely cool on television and in someone else's possession.
I'm not willing to move so I can have an iPad.
When I think how far technology has come since I was a child, I am amazed.  I had a record player and a clock radio when I was in high school.  I can remember when my family got a television when I was in first grade.  It was black and white.  I wonder what technology will be like when my grandchildren are my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment