Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Retired and Slowing Down

My gas gauge showed half a tank.  My odometer showed 265 miles.  I thought my gauge was broken because I'd been filling my tank when my odometer showed 300 miles and it was costing about $30 (I have a Honda Civic).  Well, I went to the gas station today and told them to fill it up because I didn't want to run out of gas if my gauge was broken.
$18 later my tank was full.  My gauge wasn't broken.  All I can figure is that I'm driving slower because I don't really have to be anywhere at a particular time.  I volunteer two days a week.  I aim for 8 A.M.  I don't rush because if I'm later than that, so what?  Some volunteers aim for 9:30 A.M.  We decide when we want to go and when we want to leave.
So I find myself driving like someone people hate to follow.  If somebody is following me, I move way over to the right, but these people aren't German and don't pass between cars.
Sorry, Guys.  I'm poking along and my gas mpg loves it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment