Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pie Idea

I've been thinking about how to make a pie that isn't a plea for immediate death.  The need for low carb food consumption is because no matter how much I like chocolate pie, I like my feet, too.
So here is my plan:
I intend to make a pie crust using nut meal.  Actually that sounds good to me.  I'm going to substitute Splenda for sugar.  I'm going to use arrowroot instead of cornstarch.  Those changes should make it reasonable for my low-carb, low-sugar diet.  I have no idea if it will be tasty, but I won 't be putting anything in it that I hate.  For example, if I put squash in it, it might be good, but it would be a total surprise because it doesn't sound good to me.  Oh, I'm planning on a lemon meringue pie and a chocolate pie.  If I make both, neither of us should have to share.  It's better to give than receive does not include my pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment