Saturday, December 31, 2011

Today I Was Dana

Today I helped Ella May clean up her basement for a few hours.  I decided if I did for her what Dana does for me (I miss you, Dana), it would be perfect.  So she called and I told her to have garbage bags ready and markers.  We had a huge pile for giving to one person, another for giving to another group, and several smaller piles for other recipients.  But frequently I said, "Throw it away; it's garbage."  Now, strictly speaking it may not have actually been garbage, but my thought is if you don't use it, don't imagine your daughter wants to throw it away later.  Keeping trash because it belonged to someone you loved doesn't keep it from being trash.
Her loved ones will have enough to worry with without throwing away old fortune cookies and gum.

No comments:

Post a Comment