Sunday, January 29, 2012

Almost Afraid

Last night I was almost afraid to go to sleep.  The night before I had gone to sleep worrying.  I had worried all day.  Well, at one o'clock I woke up and it felt like I had been awake the whole time, still worrying.  So I got up and drank a cup of cocoa (yes, diet, but still lovely).
Last night I went to sleep and slept through the night.
The last two times I used the roomba irobot, it didn't hang up anywhere.  Today it has managed to stubbornly wedge itself into places.  When I nudge it out, it just went back and stuck itself again.  I think I'll turn the couch over and see if there is a low place under it.  There's just one place where it hangs up.  It also likes to position itself on the thresholds to outside.  When I can remember to close the doors, it eliminates that.
I've been having trouble with slugs, outside and in the greenhouse.  I have diatomaceous earth for the greenhouse and any place that might have food growing there.  I have some kind of poisonous bait for the rose strip (I found a five inch slug while weeding).  But Larry found a suggestion for a beer bait in a homemade plastic trap.  It reminded me of when Mama wanted to make a barbecue recipe that called for beer and her cousin wanted a beer for a chili recipe.  Neither of them would buy a beer.  But they found a six-pack hidden along their walking route.  Each of them took one beer and they opened and dumped the rest.  I asked why they didn't keep the others in case they liked their recipes.  Finding beer isn't a reliable method.  No answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment