Thursday, January 12, 2012

Food

We had a turkey for Thanksgiving.  I put the left-overs in the freezer.  Yesterday I made gumbo with some of the turkey and broth and this morning I made a form of noodle soup with the rest.  The container with the yellow stuff, that's egg salad.  The brown and white stuff is sugar-free chocolate fudge pudding with  sweetened sour cream.  So I have food in the refrigerator that is on my diet.  I like to eat regularly, but I'm not a fan of cooking regularly.  So a variety of things in the refrigerator that are "on my diet" means I can eat well and do other things for several days.  The containers are uniform in size so they stack nicely in the cabinet and refrigerator:)
The only thing I still plan to do today is make a slaw.  I'm not wild about all the chopping, but it will be worth it.  The lovely cabbage is from Larry's garden.  I started to post a picture of it, but decided a cabbage is a cabbage.  He has grown several green ones and also red ones.  It has been so wet in the garden it is difficult to pick one.

No comments:

Post a Comment