Friday, August 10, 2012

Really Good Blood Pressure

I went to the doctor today for one of those yearly checks.  She said my blood pressure is really good.  I asked what it was.  She said 101 over 64.
 I asked if it is possible to have blood pressure that is too low.  I asked that because sometimes it is lower and I looked it up to see if I felt ok but was actually about to die.  My blood pressure (I think it was 90 over 60) was in the children's and athletes' category...neither of which is close to reality.
She said pretty much anything under 100 for the top number was low. 
So, I guess I should eat more fried foods, more salt, more caffeine, and smoke more.  She did not suggest that, by the way.
She asked about alcohol consumption.  I said, "Not nearly as much as I'd like.  I've pretty much given up empty calories."

No comments:

Post a Comment