Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Knitting Class

Last week was my first knitting class. She showed me how to cast on a knit.  So I knitted a good bit.  I was pretty sure it wasn't very good because it kept getting bigger.  I started with 24 stitches for the width.  Then it was 27.  Then it was 29.  When I noticed it was 29, I just knitted a couple of strands at a time until it was 27 again.
The teacher pulled all of it off, even the stitches I'd cast on.  I don't do it wrong on purpose, but I don't seem very good at it.  My standards aren't very high, either.  I thought about pulling the stitches out, but I didn't think I could get the needle back in.
This may be an inexpensive hobby...I'll just keep knitting the same skein of yarn over and over.  At least I bought brown.  It shouldn't show dirt as I knit it over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment