Monday, May 7, 2012

Bald Spots

 These chunks of grass came from the edge of a flower bed.
 Larry said they are too tall.  I said for him not to cut them until they have reestablished their roots, then just scalp them with the lawn mower.  He said it is bad for the lawnmower.  I said to just never cut them.  I dug the holes as well as I could and I didn't see him out there helping.  I'm sure I would have noticed.
We planted bulbs here.  The oak seedlings are doing the best however.  Today I plan to put garlic, cilantro, tomatoes, peppers and mulch here.  The bulbs may rot because I will be watering this section.  I'm not sure what I will use to edge it.  I want something free.  We don't have enough rocks.  I may use monkey grass.  Larry thinks I should use treated lumber.  The only way that will be free is if treated lumber suddenly drops from the sky.  That hasn't happened so far in my life, and I'm really OK with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment