Friday, May 18, 2012

Health Update

They test for a lot of things every six months.  The doctor wants it to be every 4 months.  But anyway, we went for our consultation following the lab work done Monday.
My glucose was in the normal range, my A1C was 5.9 (down from 6.1) and the high end of the range is 5.7.
My cholesterol is in the normal range except my hdl was 75 and 60 is the high end.  But hdl is the good one and nobody wants me to bring that number down so it will be in the normal range.
My triglycerides were 75.
So those were the numbers I was concerned with and they were all good.
Larry's numbers weren't good, but they were all better than last time.  So it was an excellent report for both of us.  The doctor asked what diet I use and I told him, low carb, low sugar, high protein, high fiber, high fat...the Atkins diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment