Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Eating Out

Eating out can be tricky on a diet.  A couple of places have low-carb offerings.  Cracker Barrel and Hardies are a couple that I know of and like.  Some places have perfectly innocent-looking food, but they've loaded it with sugar or put something else in it.  At Cheddars I ordered broccoli-cheese casserole, but it had rice in it.  Why couldn't they have called it broccoli-cheese-rice casserole?  They were nice about it.  I had discussed it with the waitress before I ordered it.  When it came with rice as an ingredient, she cheerfully exchanged it.
But today at the hospital, the two entree choices were fried chicken nuggets and spaghetti with meat sauce.  The sides were fried onion rings, mac and cheese, pinto beans, corn, and steamed cabbage.  The steamed cabbage was the only thing on my diet.  The difficult part was that I liked all of those things and they looked well-prepared.  So I ended up eating a salad.  I don't like salad all that much but it was an offering and it was on my diet.
 I'd rather have had food.

No comments:

Post a Comment