Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hugh Laurie - Moron to Genius

I liked Hugh Laurie in House.  The first time I remember seeing him act, though, was in Black Adder.  He played a simpleton every bit as well as he played a genius in House.
Watching House did not remind me of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson, but the Sherlock Holmes movie I saw did remind me of House and Wilson.  I don't think the relationship between Holmes and Watson was quite as dysfunctional as that between House and Wilson.
The two-house conclusion of the series would have been improved, to me, if they'd omitted the first hour.  I'm glad they had a good time putting on the show.  But not an hour's worth of glad.
Then the ghosts of characters past showed up in the final episode and House decided he could do better.  It didn't end with "God bless us every one," but maybe God bless House and Wilson.

No comments:

Post a Comment