Saturday, May 12, 2012

Medicare Concerns Me

Medicare concerns me for several reasons.  For one thing, I don't know if "they" are going to decide I am not worth the upkeep at some point.
But that isn't what made me decide to blog about this.  People call on the phone and try to get me to buy things all the time even though I had my name put on the "Do not call" list.  Now people call and try to get me to agree to receiving things with the understanding that "Medicare will pay."
Yesterday I went to a podiatrist.  He suggested inserts for my shoes and told me where to go to get them (not WalMart).  I went and the receptionist said, "Why not get some of the specially-made shoes?  Medicare will pay for one pair a year and three inserts."
The doctor didn't say I needed specially-made shoes.  I am aware that some people do need them.  I am afraid that too many people think "Medicare will pay" means "It's free."

No comments:

Post a Comment