Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Greeting Cards, etc.

Today I separated the greeting cards into types and labeled the locations.  A lady came in and asked if we had thank you cards.  Well, who knew?  They were arranged haphazardly.  So she said she would come back later. I separated the types of cards, found envelopes that fit, and wrote on tiny price dot labels what was what.  When she came back, I showed her three cards that had pictures on the front and nothing inside.  I told her she could write "Thank you," inside.  So she bought all three and I made a note of what we were out of.
I dusted.  We labeled boxes so volunteers would not have to open the boxes to determine what was in them.
The other volunteer showed me how to fill a helium balloon and get it ready to give to the customer.
We handed out the newspapers that the county paper donates to the hospital.
I brought home a couple of vases to clean and put something in for Easter.  We dug through the stuffed animals and put them together in the display window so they would be available as Easter stuff.
The biggest deal to me was that they were purchasing an alarm device that would call 911 if the wearer needed assistance.  They paid tax on it.  I pointed out that they are a non-profit organization and could get a tax number.  I'm not sure how it's done, but it should be easy enough to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment