Sunday, March 4, 2012

I Want a Fountain

I've wanted a fountain for a while but I didn't see anything affordable that I liked.  Then I found one at the co-op but the pumps weren't in yet, just the structure.  So I showed Larry and he agreed that it was reasonable for the space I intended.
Well, you don't just buy one and put it out running an extension cord out to the pump.  It involved a cement pad and a trench for the plastic pipe which will protect the electric cable from my garden tools.  We have the pad and trench.  Now we need an electrician.  Then I can get the fountain.  Winter isn't the prettiest time of year for my flower bed, but a few bulbs are trying to compete with full spring.  The little bulbs on the corner of the pad were flattened during the work.  The boys carefully stood them back up and propped them with dirt.
This is what that spot looked like this past fall.  I can't wait to see what it looks like this coming fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment