Monday, October 7, 2013

Paper Towels

I decided to cut severely back on my use of disposable materials such as paper towels.  I have old wash cloths that I've stacked in a closet to use as cleaning cloths.  I stashed some in a drawer beside the stove instead to use instead of putting a paper towel there to catch dribbles from spoons, etc., used in cooking. I've tried using a spoon rest but didn't like trying to keep it clean.  Throwing away a paper towel keeps it looking tidy.  Tossing the cloth in the wash won't significantly increase washing machine wear.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a fan of using a saucer. They're fast to wash and I can see when they're no longer clean. So many spoon rests are colored or have a pattern on it. I want something white and shiny so I can see where/if it's dirty and know when it's time to wash it.

    ReplyDelete