Saturday, January 10, 2015

A Rising Thunder - audio

I like the first ten or so books of the Honor Harrington series by David Weber. I read them before I listened to them. It's interesting to me to hear the pronunciation of the reader after I've read the books. Manticoran is a case in point. When I was reading it, I thought it was pronounced like manticore with un on the end. The reader pronounced it man tic a run instead of man ti core un. So I got used to hearing it pronounced man tic' a run. It's pretty silly to think about it as it is a fictitious place. In A Rising Thunder, the reader pronounces it man ti core un.
I was reading a survivalist series where the reader pronounced cache as cash ay. On about the third book in the series somebody had convinced the reader that it is correctly pronounced cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment