Friday, January 9, 2015

Pina Colada Cheesecake

This is my favorite cheesecake.  I plan to make it tomorrow without pecan sandies for the crust. I thought maybe I'd roast some pecans and chop them for the bottom. I am going to use splenda instead of sugar. Instead of cornstarch, I'll use arrowroot. Everything else is low carb anyway.
 Recipe without adaptations:
Crust: pecan sandies---crush
pile in bottom of springpan and about an inch up the sides
----------------------------
Cheesecake
4 eight oz. pkg. of cream cheese (room temp)
3.4 cup sugar
4 lg eggs (room temp)
Mix thoroughly.
Fold in:
8 oz. carton sour cream
16 oz can cream of coconut
15 1/2 oz can crushed pineapple, well-drained
2 t cornstarch
1 t vanilla extract
1 t rum flavoring
1 t lemon juice
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr 20 min.

Topping
1/4 c butter
1/2 c flaked coconut
1/2 c finely chopped nuts
1/4 c sugar
Melt butter, add rest, saute until golden, stirring frequently.  Don't overcook.
After cheesecake has baked 1 hr 20 min, turn oven off.
Sprinkle on topping; return to oven for 1 hr, door closed. Remove and let cool to room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment