Saturday, January 24, 2015

Chicken Pot Pie

Today I cooked four thighs and stripped the meat and skin from the bones. I used the juice to thicken a sauce, added a can of green chilies, a small can of mushrooms, a rutabaga, a sweet potato, Brussel sprouts, and some okra. I stirred all that in, and added the shredded chicken. Then I made a small batch of tortilla dough using 1/2 cup of flour and 1/4 cup of water. I rolled the dough between two pieces of plastic wrap, and fried the strips. I put the strips across the pot pie filling, added shredded cheese and baked it in the toaster oven until the cheese was melted.
When I make something up, I am willing to eat it. Sometimes Larry won't even try it. He ate that and said it was good but it should have had more crust. I had cooked the casserole in two disposable brownie tins. I guess I should have used 1 cup of flour and 1/2 cup of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment