Thursday, February 23, 2012

Low-Carb Seafood Bisque

I made the recipe I found online for low-carb seafood bisque this morning.  I used a pint of crab meat, a pint each of oysters and shrimp.  I used a little more chicken stock than it called for, a little more cooking wine (I couldn't find sherry so I got a dry white), and a little nutmeg.  It was good, but not good enough to make again considering how expensive it was.  I really like Cambell's New England Clam Chowder.  But it isn't low-carb.  I wanted to be able to get my fish in (I hardly ever eat fish three times in the same week) and hoped I would really like the bisque.  I think it would be way cheaper to make pasta tuna salad more often.  It is fairly inexpensive and I like it better.  Also, I don't have to drive to south Alabama to get the ingredients.  Anyway, it said it made 8 to 10 servings.  I ate a bowl for lunch and put 8 more containers in the refrigerator.  Maybe I can talk Larry into eating some of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment