Monday, July 8, 2013

First Post-Op Doctor's Visit

Well, the stitches were removed today and some of my restrictions...like driving:)
I don't have to go back for a month. He was pleased with my range of motion and did not recommend rehab. He gave me a sheet with some exercises.  I complained about how difficult it is to get off the floor with a messed up knee and he said I can do them from a chair.  I'm happy about that.
He said not to stand on uneven surfaces which I forgot as soon as I decided a hornworm was gnawing leaves off of a tomato.  My knee reminded me so I didn't do it long.
He showed me pictures and said the MRI had shown a tear of the medial meniscus. When the surgery was underway, a tear on the lateral meniscus was also shown so he also fixed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment