Thursday, July 25, 2013

Food Today

I added strawberries to my oatmeal this morning.  I don't eat oatmeal very often because it isn't exactly low-carb, but I'm just so convinced it is healthy that when I'm not trying to lose weight (that would be low-carb, maintenance stage), I have it sometimes.  The strawberries I picked from my tire garden were wonderful.
Then I made a slaw from a cabbage and bell pepper that Larry picked from the garden.  We also have squash that he grew and turnip greens from the freezer that he grew and we put up.  I like it that we grow some of what we eat.
I made a chicken salad that was soupier than I thought it should be but it was very tasty.  I finally decided that it was because I had so many bell peppers that the liquid had come from the peppers.  If I had gotten too much mayonnaise in it, the extra liquid would have been cloudier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment