Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Fourth!

When we were first faced with our home containing no children, my impulse was to ignore holidays.  I guess I would have continued to do that, but Larry started mentioning holidays and what he wanted to eat. This attitude of  'why bother, it's just us' led me next to the idea that when we married it was just us, and we observed holidays.
Life feels better with holidays. So, this fourth we have our menu pretty well figured out...good thing, today's the fourth.
Larry will grill ribs and brats for himself.  I want chicken thighs with homemade barbecue sauce.  I have a gorgeous fruit salad made (sweetened with splenda, blueberries from our bushes. everything else from the store). We made potato salad.  I'm going to make an Atkins recipe of homemade vanilla ice cream.  I think I'll cook green beans we canned last year.
We've only done fireworks once since the kids flew the nest.  This year neither of us mentioned fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment